Terms and Conditions for IAB Hong Kong Digital Awards 2022
- The IAB Hong Kong Digital Awards are open to all creative, design or media agencies, advertisers, independent parties, media sales houses, technology providers, IAB Hong Kong members and IAB Hong Kong non-members.
- All work, including global and regional campaigns, must have been presented to the public in Hong Kong between 1 July 2021 and 31 July 2022, and should be conceived by the submitting company.
- Submitters are responsible for registering and uploading their case(s). In case several parties worked together, the leading party should enter the case and the other party can be mentioned in the submission template.
- Everyone can enter one or several cases in one or several categories. Each submission may be entered into different categories but must be written differently each time to reflect the category’s particular emphasis.
- An “Entry” means one case (campaign/artwork/product/tool) with one choice of category. Should you enter the same case in, e.g. three categories, these represents three entries and therefore three entry fees.
- All entries need to be uploaded by 23:59 on October 31,2022.
- Entry fee for IAB Hong Kong members: HK$1,500 per submission and per category; entry fee for non IAB Hong Kong members: HK$2,500 per submission per category. If the entry fee is not paid by October 31, 2022, the submission(s) will be automatically disqualified.
- Each entry has to be submitted in English; no other language is accepted.
- Entries must include a written case according to designated submission template of each category. The template is limited to 12 slides, sequence of slides should not be changed. Video case presentation is limited to 180 seconds.
- Work submitted must be original or you must have secured rights to submit it. You cannot include any work to which you do not have the rights. However, stock music/images are allowed if you have the rights to use them.
- By entering your work for the competition, IAB Hong Kong is automatically granted the right to make copies, reproduce, or display the case material for education and publicity purposes. If you are a winner, you case material can be used in the online winners’ gallery on the website of the IAB Hong Kong.
- Submissions should reflect work that was carried out predominantly by the submitting company, and the role of collaborating (creative and media) participants and key individuals should be referenced.
- Entries are accepted on the condition that all materials submitted will become the property of IAB Hong Kong and will not be returned.
- IAB Hong Kong reserves the absolute right to make, interpret, apply and resolve dispute with respect or in connection with the terms and conditions of IAB Hong Kong Digital Awards. IAB Hong Kong also reserves the right to cancel IAB Hong Kong Digital Awards or amend the terms and conditions of IAB Hong Kong Digital Awards anytime without prior notice. When you submit the entries, it means that you fully accept these rules and conditions and privacy policies.
- The rules and conditions of the IAB Hong Kong Digital Awards are to be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You voluntarily provide personal information to us (or a third-party service provider on our behalf), such as name, postal address, email, or telephone number, when you take actions such as registering on our Website or making a request for information or services. We may process this information for purposes such as responding to your requests or providing you with marketing, transactional communications, or access to events, interactive features (e.g., conferences or webinars), or other services.
We, or a third-party service provider on our behalf, may process payment-related information provided by you (or on your behalf) via the Website for the purpose of billing you for products, services, or event tickets you purchase through our Website.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PSEUDONYMOUS INFORMATION
These “cookies” typically do not collect data from your device that identifies you directly (e.g., by name or address) but, rather, by a pseudonymous cookie ID or a mobile “ad id,” each of which is represented by a randomized set of alphanumeric characters, or perhaps an email address (oftentimes hashed). However, depending on the purpose for which such cookies are used, the third party that operates such cookies may associate your “cookie information” (such as described in this section) with other information that the third party holds internally, which may identify you more directly.
“Cookie information” typically includes such data as the referral web domain, the type of operating system and browser you are using, mobile device identifiers, IP address, pages that you visit, the date and time of your visit, how long you stay on a page, location data, information relating to activities on our Website (e.g., “clickstream” data), log-in details, and other technical attributes of visits to our Website. This information may be processed for purposes such as analytics (e.g., understanding how visitors utilize our Website, visitor demographics), advertising (targeted or otherwise) and related measurement purposes (e.g., understanding its effectiveness, attribution), confirming membership status or what products you (or the entity to which you may be associated with) subscribed to, and storing log-in information so you don’t have to re-enter them each time you return to our Website.
You may stop or restrict cookies on your computer or delete them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences and you should consult the operating instructions that apply to your browser for instructions should you wish to do so and in general to determine how best to configure your browser settings to meet your requirements.
Further, to opt-out of use of Google Analytics (a third-party service provider used on our Website), you can download this browser add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We disclaim all responsibility for, and do not control, any opt-out mechanisms provided by any third party.
ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS, AND LINKS TO OTHERS
Our Website may display information from third parties, such as promotions, offers, ads, or links to third-party digital properties.
Some IAB services, such as seminars, educational events, conferences, newsletters, and discussion groups, are sometimes sponsored by other companies that are not under our control. When you participate, register, or engage with certain of our services, we may disclose your business contact information, such as name, email address, title, and country location, to our sponsors, subject to your use of any opt-out mechanism that we may provide to limit such sharing of information from us to those sponsors.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Website or take advantage of advertised offers, links, or other references, many of which may direct you or your Internet browser to digital properties of a third party. Even if we have a relationship with a third party you may encounter or see on our Website, these third parties or any of their websites, advertising, technology, or other content, including any cookies or other technology they may use, are neither our responsibility nor under our control and they have their own terms, conditions, policies, and practices that apply to you, including those concerning processing of your information.
HOW WE OTHERWISE USE INFORMATION
To conduct research;
To provide member services, including publishing a directory for members;
To share with IAB Technology Laboratory (IAB Tech Lab) for IAB Tech Lab’s own business purposes, such as direct marketing, analytics, or market research;
When compelled by a governmental agency, law, regulation, a court, or other legal process;
If we believe you are or may be a threat to safety, security, property, interests, or rights of us or anyone else;
In order to investigate, respond to, or resolve problems or inquiries or protect, enforce or defend our rights, assets, or interests; and
In a merger, acquisition, change of control, or partial or total sale or transfer of assets, including in a bankruptcy proceeding, joint venture, or other business combination.
If you register on our Website, or otherwise providing your contact details, you are agreeing to receive information and updates about your use of our Website or our services for which you register, including marketing and transactional emails. You may opt out of receiving marketing email communications from us by completing this form or by following the unsubscribe instructions we will include in each email we send you.
The Internet is a public network and we cannot guarantee that communications between you and the IAB or others to, through, or from our Website, will be free from unauthorized access or interference by third parties. By using our Website, you are agreeing to assume this risk and any and all responsibility and liability that may arise. We have put in place reasonable procedures to help safeguard information and we limit access to your personal information to only those reasonably need access in order to perform their duties.
PERSONAL INFORMATION RIGHTS REQUESTS
In accordance with applicable law, we will provide a process to enable you to access, delete, update, or otherwise submit requests in relation to your personal information. Where applicable law does not provide this right to you, we may provide these rights to you at our discretion in each case. Where such rights are provided under applicable law, you can request these rights by contacting us by email at email@example.com. You may be asked to provide additional information to verify your identity before rights requests may be fulfilled. If you ask us to remove your personal information, we reserve the right to retain as much of your personal information, and for so long as we deem necessary, to comply with our legal, regulatory, internal audit, and record-keeping requirements, subject to applicable law.